Children’s Aid’s foster care program places children with supportive families in their own neighborhoods when their parents cannot offer them the stability, safety, and support they need to thrive. The Foster Care program is prepared to deal with the widest range of child welfare situations—from temporary situations that allow birth families to address issues until they can be reunited, to specialized homes with highly trained foster parents for children who need constant care for chronic medical and developmental conditions, or children reacting to trauma. Our programs provide trainings to support individuals in these roles.
· Work as a member of the team in our innovative foster care program within the Intake Department.
· Provide services to children and their families to promote permanency and safe reunification.
· Conduct home visits to clients and foster families.
· Maintain daily progress notes and other written requirements.
· Provide testimony in family court.
· Utilization of CONNECTIONS, child welfare computer system.
· Provision of services for permanency of children.
· Coordinate Family Team Conferences.
· Participate in supervision, in-service training and team meeting.
· Assisting the Intake Team as needed with placements.
· Other duties as needed.
· BSW or BA Degree required.
· Knowledge of the Foster Care/Adoption Field.
· Excellent Oral and Written Skills.
· Computer Literate.
· Good Organizational Skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with youngsters with special needs.
· Experience in working with a team.
· Flexibility and Ability to meet deadlines.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.