Job Title: Substance Use Disorder Professional Trainee/Intern (Must have WA State SUDPT license)
Pay Range: $19.63 - $21.68 per hour
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
Insurance Benefits: Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform substance use screenings and assessments develop Individual Service Plans; facilitate linkages to collaborative resources when appropriate.
• Plan, organize and facilitate treatment and support groups for clients, as appropriate.
• Provide staff training on substance abuse issues as appropriate.
• Participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team providing ongoing advocacy and integration of services to mentally ill, homeless and formerly homeless adults.
• Licensed by the State of Washington as a Substance Use Disorder Professional – Trainee (SUDPT).
• Be willing to seek to understand each client's unique circumstances and personal preferences and goals and incorporate them into the crisis response to help the client regain a sense of control.
• Assist clients in accessing internal resources to reinforce the client's ability to resolve crisis on their own.
• Assist clients in identifying unmet needs that may be causing them to have recurrent crisis.
• Have a strong understanding of recovery and resilience, the value of client partnerships and client choice, and the balance between protection from harm and personal dignity.
• Strong knowledge of relevant community resources and methods for accessing them.
• Possess strong communication and writing skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours as required by program and staffing needs.
• Interest or experience in working with clients who are difficult to engage and maintain in traditional mental health programs.
• Ability to work effectively with clients displaying a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behaviors.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Subscribe to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.