Job Title: System Navigator- Contra Costa County
Works within the vision, mission and philosophy of the agency. Exhibit behaviors consistent with the Service Principles. Demonstrates and develops supportive/coaching relationship with patients and their caregivers to help them navigate the system to support their well-being. This includes providing assistance (e.g., attending appointments, providing community linkages) and supporting education related to physical health, behavioral health, and social determinants of health. Supports the whole person care principles.
• High school diploma or GED preferred but is not required.
• Completion of Mental Health Worker Training Course is highly desirable.
• Position is reserved for an individual who has lived or knows someone with lived experience with mental illness or the mental health system and/or related work experience in the mental health field.
Highly Desirable Qualifications
• Self-identified as a person with lived (or family) experience with mental illness and the mental health system.
• Ability to identify recovery principles and explain their recovery process.
Other Specific Requirements
• Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance.
• Valid California Driver's license with two years of experience driving and clean driving record may be required.