Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Beach 21st is a building which was developed and is operated by Community Builders. Beach 21st is a residential building located in the Far Rockaway neighborhood of Queens. The project consists of 23 residential units, 5 singles and 18 families with CAMBA, Inc. providing the on-site services.
Position: Case Manager
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 1047 Beach 21st Street, Far Rockaway, NY 11691
What the Case Manager Does:
• Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance.
• Interview and evaluate tenants and formulate Independent living plans.
• Locate and provide access to appropriate community resources for tenants.
• Review all documentation establishing tenants' eligibility for program and make file copies.
• Monitor tenants' progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face visits, and document via progress notes.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and experience working with the Seriously and Persistently Mentally Ill (SPMI) population, and/or equivalent experience.
• Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
• Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
• As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
• Flexible hours may be needed occasionally to provide shift coverage until 8 pm.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.