The Behavior Technician will report to the Associate Director of The Peter Haje Center for Autism and work out of the new state-of-the-art Comprehensive Healthcare Center (CHC) located at New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
Title of Position: Behavior Technician (ABA Therapist)
Position Type: Per Diem (hourly) Center-based Mon-Sat, up to 20 hours a week
Pay Range: $25-$30 per hour
Location: 825 7th Ave, New York, NY
The Peter Haje Center for Autism at New Alternatives for Children is one of many programs within NAC’s Mental Health Clinic, as part of the Comprehensive Healthcare Clinic. NAC’s Mental Health Clinic provides a full range of psychiatric and psychological services, including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy. NAC provides ABA therapy as part of its Family Centered Treatment approach. Parents and caregivers are critical contributors to treatment, and valued members of each ABA treatment team.
Description of Responsibilities:
· Deliver ABA therapy to clients, including but not limited to the use of, Discrete Trial Teaching (DTT), Natural Environment Teaching (NET), Reinforcement Systems, Verbal Behavior, Task Analysis, Behavior Reduction, Adaptive Daily Living Skills Training, Vocational Skills Training, Social Skills Training, and Skill-Based Treatment
· Understand and explain basic ABA principles
· Assist in assessment procedures under LBA supervision (Practical Functional Analysis experience a plus)
· Ability to comply with and follow BACB Ethics Code, Crisis Intervention Training and Individual Treatment Plans
· Understand behavioral situations and react according to treatment plan and/or crisis training
· Objectively analyze situations and respond quickly
· Implement the Treatment Plan and Behavior Plan as written
· Collect and graph ABA program and behavioral data per session, using established systems.
· Take daily descriptive log notes of each session in the Electronic Health Record
· Perform necessary clerical duties including maintaining accurate client records
· Communicates effectively in both oral and written form with a diverse group of clients, parents/caregivers, internal staff, and external stakeholders.
· Communicates consistently with Supervising BCBA/LBA
· Participates in training and group supervision as needed.
· Additional administrative tasks as needed or required, including updating client treatment materials under LBA supervision.
· Must be available for afternoon/evening hours on a consistent basis
· Requires a minimum of 1 year of experience delivering ABA therapy to children and/or young adults who have neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism.
· Experience working with a variety of individuals is highly preferred.
· Ability to follow guidance from senior-level staff to enhance your own professional development
· Work with a diverse team of professionals in a respectful manner
· Use of Technology, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and data collection systems
· Use of correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work or related field.
· Requires a minimum of 1 year of experience implementing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy.
· Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) preferred.