Develop strategically focused services and programs in collaboration with SMVC staff and volunteer leaders
• Lead the development, implementation and oversight of programs and services benefitting veterans living on the St. Michael’s Veterans Center campus. Common areas of work include pursuing employment and/or benefits, coordination of health care, identifying and supporting mental illness, trauma, addiction recovery, and aging in place, resolving conflict and encouraging behaviors to sustain housing and wellness.
• Knowledge of mainstream resources, community resources, medical services and programs specific to persons who are homeless and/or veterans
• Promote a positive and supportive living environment for residents; organize and develop special program events, such as recreational and educational activities, and support groups as needed
• Manage transactional services including the food pantry and dignity closet.
• Assess veteran unmet needs and identify appropriate programs or services to address them
• Recognize opportunities to pursue mainstream benefits (e.g., VA pension, HCBS, MO Rent Rebates and Medicaid) and support or direct application processes.
Be a part of building a vibrant community that takes care of our neighbors
• Create a campus community culture that builds positive relationships and mutual support among residents.
• Cultivate volunteers and encourage their deepening engagement at St. Michael’s, establish volunteer management systems
• Actively participate in the SMVC Leadership Council connecting the passion and commitment of these volunteer leaders with the needs and lives of the residents
• Act with each resident/client in a way that demonstrates respect and builds their dignity
• Establish strong community connections with the Veterans Administration, organizations serving veterans and persons who are homeless; attend community meetings and fairs
Maintain close working relationship with property management staff to assure resident safety and well-being
• Maintain communication with management regarding resident daily living needs, as indicated
• Assist management in defusing resident problems and offer appropriate social services assistance
• Assist management and family members, when necessary, to respond to resident needs
Establish and maintain administrative systems to efficiently run programs and services
• Maintain and properly secure detailed client files including client assessments, goals, correspondence and progress notes
• Maintain internal and external data systems to document client services and manage volunteer/donor relationships
• Obtain resident signatures for Release of Information sheets in order to communicate with all necessary medical personnel and social service agencies providing services to residents
• Maintain detailed information on all programs, activities and/or services and distribute to residents through monthly newsletter
• Complete monthly, annual or grants reports as required
Participate in SMVC fundraising activities, as needed, including helping to articulate SMVC impact and to share compelling stores of residents/clients.