This position’s primary function is to assist Westchester County residents in need of assistance in applying for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). The Case Manager will complete applications, assist in uploading documents to an online portal and will offer general social services as needed. The Case Manager will provide this assistance in an empathic and efficient manner, while handling a high volume of incoming need.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM 5 days a week. Hours may vary based on program requirements. This is on site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides in-person Case Management to a broad population of Westchester County residents facing rental arrears due to loss of income during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
• Provides effective engagement using a strength’s based and client-centered approach.
• Develops a comprehensive understanding of ERAP criteria and provides education.
• Provides application assistance and document uploads to an online portal.
• Provides crisis intervention as needed in emergencies around shelter, food, clothing, and other basic needs through the provision of financial assistance, goods, advocacy, and access to relevant resources.
• Staffs outreach activities at community events and represents Catholic Charities and the ERAP program to stakeholders.
• Participates in ERAP clinics designed to reach applicants in a group setting.
• Enters all information into a Data Management System, meets program deliverables in a timely and efficient manner.
• Actively participates in weekly supervision, attends and participates in monthly Department meetings, community meetings, trainings and other agency-related activities.
• Communicates effectively with multiple stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Other job-related duties as assigned.