Summary: The primary role of the Social Services Supervisor is to ensure that CCCSR is providing high quality programs and services that address the needs of Rockland residents in need of support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review case records/progress notes and reports of case managers and homeless service staff at least biweekly
- Direct staff interventions in difficult or crisis situations
- Maintain a case load of higher needs clients and provide direct services to clients, including intake, engagement, assessment, service plan development, referral, advocacy, counseling, exit summaries and follow-up
- Maintain regular presence on-site at the Warming Center from November through April to monitor service delivery, oversee quality and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of program services for both new and existing program areas
- Interview and recommend new staff for hire and/or advancement opportunities
- Submit reports to the Executive Director monthly, or more frequently as required
- Monitor programs for quality assurance and contract compliance
- Act as a liaison between CCCSR and other CBO’s and government agencies
- Assist with research of potential funding sources and corresponding requests for support
- Maintains productive working relationships with provider groups and referral sources
- Adheres to, and facilitates adherence of all staff, to all CCCSR and Catholic Charities policies and procedures
- Performs other duties, consistent with the goals and objectives of the program, as assigned by
Education and/or experience required:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred. Graduate degree in related Human Services field will be considered.
- BSW may be considered with 5+ years of applicable social work experience
- Prior supervisory experience working in a social service agency preferred
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
- Proficiency in modern business communications including personal computers, electronic mail, voicemail, facsimile, and copier equipment