New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, chronic illnesses, and disabilities throughout the five boroughs. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Family Team Conference Coordinator to join its Special Medical Prevention Program.
The Family Team Conference Coordinator position combines oversight, coordination, and facilitation of Family Team Conferences (FTCs) with supervision of a BA-level Associate Facilitator and/or per diem facilitators. The FTC model is designed to engage families and community members in critical child welfare decisions related to safety, risk, well-being, and service planning. FTCs are important opportunities to convene caregivers, young people, provider staff, and support figures to collaboratively identify goals and develop plans to keep children safe, support well-being, and achieve permanency. Currently some FTCs are being conducted in families’ homes while others are occurring via virtual platforms which can be conducted from the applicant’s home. The ideal candidate will be strength-based, trauma-informed, culturally responsive and committed to family preservation and resilience. This position offers a highly rewarding opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team composed of social workers, pediatricians, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, education and recreation specialists, and more!
• Title of Position: Family Team Conference Coordinator (MSW/MHC or equivalent)
• Position Type: Full-time
• Locations: 37 W 26th St., 11th Floor | New York, NY 10010
o 1775 Grand Concourse, Suite 703 | Bronx, NY 10453
• Program: Special Medical Preventive Services
• HOURS: This position is typically 9am-5pm, with some evenings to accommodate client schedules (flexibility required).
Description of Responsibilities:
• Facilitate Family Team Conferences and pre-conferences with the case planning team (in homes and virtually from the applicant’s home).
• Supervise BA-level Associate FTC Facilitator and/or per diem facilitators.
• Collaborate with Quality Improvement and Program Assistant to track and send reminders to Case Planners of upcoming FTCs.
• Notify families of upcoming FTCs and explore who should be invited; coordinate dates and times for larger conferences.
• Monitor that all FTC documentation is completed in CONNECTIONS.
• Track action steps agreed upon during conferences and send reminders to Case Planners.
• Collect statistical data and engage Case Planners in quality improvement around FTC practice.
• Additional duties as assigned, based on the needs of the department.
Required Education and Experience:
· Master's degree in social work, mental health counseling, psychology, or a related field
· Two years casework experience in child welfare
· One year supervisory experience
• Clinical and supervisory skills
• Group facilitation skills
• Organizational and administrative skills
• Prior FTC facilitation preferred
• SIFI certification or eligibility preferred
• Proficiency in Spanish preferred (and includes a salary differential)