SOCIAL WORKER V
Natividad offers up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position!
Natividad is looking to fill a permanent full-time Social Worker V position in the Social Services Department. The incumbent will perform casework requiring the application of highly developed social services expertise and techniques and will also assist patients and their families who are experiencing difficulties due to a health problem.
Example of Duties:
• Develops psychosocial assessments utilizing all available data in accordance with department policy and procedure regarding psychosocial assessments and patient care plans
• Develops psychosocial intervention plans within 24 hours of referral
• Provides individual, family and group counseling services in accordance with department policy and procedures in regard to psychosocial assessments and scope of social services
• Collaborates and consults with patients' family, physician, nursing ancillary departments, discharge planners and community resources in planning a patient's discharge
• Provides a full range of clinic skills, including care plans, referrals, advocacy and support services and interdisciplinary and inter-agency collaboration
• Refers patients and hospital personnel to all available community service resources.
Minimum qualifications include possession of a Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university AND at least one year of full-time experience performing social work case management as a Social Worker; OR possession of a Master's Degree from an accredited two-year counseling program AND at least one year of full-time experience performing social work case management as a Social Worker; OR possession of a Master's degree in social or behavioral science, psychology, anthropology, sociology and counseling education AND two years of full-time experience performing advanced journey (equivalent to a MSS SW III) level social work case management as a Social Worker.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of principles of individual and group behavior; principles and techniques of interviewing and recording social casework; methods of psychosocial individual counseling; available social and health services through federal, state and local agencies; principles of group facilitation; current issues and socioeconomic conditions and trends related to public assistance; laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of social services agencies; community organization and the social problems calling for the use of public and private community resources; physical and mental health and the impact on age specific personality.
For more information or to request application materials, contact Natividad, Human Resources Department, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Salinas, CA 93906, (831) 783-2700, apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty/jobs/3517427/social-worker-v?page=6&pagetype=transferJobs
or visit http://www.natividad.com.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/V