OVERVIEW OF DUTIES:
Case Manager will provide case management services to Adoptive and Foster families.
REPORTS TO: Project Supervisor
• Case management includes: Direct contact with families to facilitate the application and approval process, home visits to assist with the paperwork, telephone calls with county social workers to provide updates about case plan, attend and sign adoption placement paperwork with the family and county social worker, provide family with appropriate community linkages and referrals.
• Participate in agency’s community outreach, family trainings community events and other special events focused on increasing positive family outcomes.
• Perform monitored visits between birth parents and foster or adoptive families. Work closely with agency staff to perform monitored visit with their cases.
• Other duties as assigned.
* Education: Bachelor’s in Social Work, Sociology or related field.
Experience: At least two (2) years experience working in child welfare; knowledge of issues affecting women experiencing unplanned pregnancies; knowledge of cultural issues related to adoption. Experience in working as a trainer and presenting information to large audiences in English and Spanish.