Safe Parking Programs Manager – New Beginnings. This is a 40 hours per week position with benefits. The Safe Parking Program provides overnight Safe Parking shelter for individuals and families who live in their vehicles; and case management and rapid re-housing assistance to help individuals experiencing homelessness return to living in traditional and permanent housing.
Responsibilities and tasks primarily include:
• Overall program management;
• Oversight of daily program operations, grant oversight, case management services and program staff members.
Program management responsibilities include:
• Coordinating and overseeing program staff activities;
• Maintaining program and grant compliance;
• Data tracking, reporting and administration;
• Training and provision of information to other communities beginning programs; and,
• Serving as a conduit between our agency staff and the county-wide community in general.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Media interviews regarding the program;
• Coordinating media interviews with clients;
• Completing presentations regarding the program;
• Presenting on occasional panels regarding the program/agency/homelessness in general;
• Planning and coordinating program-wide as well as community-wide meetings, and;
• Events, and overseeing client compliance with program rules and regulations.
Additionally, the programs manager also occasionally assumes case management activities working with clients who are homeless and in need of securing traditional, permanent housing. Case management tasks include helping homeless individuals and families living in their vehicles to secure housing and look for available housing/rental units, coordinating housing with landlords, connecting clients with community resources and government and health benefits, establishing and maintaining ongoing relationships with landlords and clients after housing, and developing case plans with clients in order to help them stabilize and resume healthy functioning. The majority of case management activities are limited to oversight being provided to case management staff and stepping in as needed for more urgent or sensitive client needs and situations.
Salary is $60,000+ a year (D.O.E.) full-time, exempt with medical and dental benefits provided, 403b contribution and match, as well as generous paid time off. Position begins asap. This is not a remote position.
Qualified candidates should submit a résumé, cover letter, and a list of three references. You will be contacted to schedule an interview if we feel there is a good match for this position. Please send information to email@example.com.