Case Manager/Social Worker|
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Oct 12, 2022
||mid to upper 50s
||US - New York - Bronx
||Caregivers Support Program
SHOPP Caregiver Support Program (CSP) is a new initiative at SHOPP that supports formal and informal caregivers caring for an ill, frail, disabled, or cognitively impaired individual with Alzheimer’s or other forms of Dementia; or those 55 plus Kinship relation- grandparent raising a grandchild(ren).
The Social Worker is specifically responsible for the following:
• Maintain client caseload of ongoing and short-term clients
• Perform intakes, assessments and create a plan of care for each client
• Conduct ongoing client assessments, determine service needs and timely follow up
• Perform home visits as needed
• Assist with program development and delivery
• Provide caregivers/care receivers with individual case coordination, counseling, and support services
• Provide information, direction and assistance with caregiving issues such as; coordinating service needs, coping with caregiver burden, purchasing needed supplies, and managing the care-receivers health care.
• Facilitate support groups and educational training
• Educate caregivers and/or care receivers in implementing advanced directives, such as guardianship, health care proxy and power of attorney
• Assist and educate caregivers/care receivers on long term care options ex: Medicaid, home care; adult day, nursing home, etc
• Provide follow up and advocacy assistance
• Maintain case records on a database, including documentation of all caregiver services provided as directed by DFTA
• Identify and maintain up-to-date resources for client referrals
• Identify and collaborate with community partners to establish effective HUBs or stations in communities throughout the Bronx
• Help develop and maintain a resource file of caregiver support information
• Promote the agency and program by performing outreach, participating in community events, and representing the agency to the public.
• Effectively utilize social media and other digital and communication tools to reach a broad audience
• Help coordinate and host major events that appeal to the broader community and/or the professional network
• Communicate with supervisor and other staff in a timely fashion and meet all required deadlines
• Submit required reports in a complete and timely fashion
• Actively pursue and take full advantage of opportunities for professional growth and development.
• Adhere to DFTA and other relevant government guidelines, regulations, procedures, and compliance expectations
• Communicate with supervisor and other staff in a timely fashion and meet all required deadlines.
Qualifications & Duties: The position requires a master’s degree in social work, counseling, or equivalent profession from an accredited graduate school and experience in working with families. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and experience with older adult community-based services are also required. Bi-lingual skills in Spanish preferred.
As of 10/22/2021, all new hires at Neighborhood SHOPP must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met in full by your date of hire, and proof of vaccination must be submitted before your start date.
Name: Tynisha Rodriguez
Address: 975 Kelly Street, Suite 401
State/Province: New York
Country: United States