Sycamores provides a spectrum of mental health services through various programs for populations of all acuities. Although it serves a variety of consumers, the agency focuses primarily on providing care to low-income, high at- risk youth, young adults, adults and families
The CCCO is responsible for the implementing, maintaining, and monitoring the corporate and healthcare compliance program and managing all nonemployment legal issues. The CCCO will be required to conduct the following duties and more:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Review agency job board for details on duties and responsibilities by going to : https://us61e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/hscfs/Posting/View/1476
• JD Required “Juris Doctorate from an accredited college or university”
• Proven experience as a Chief Compliance Officer in healthcare or social services preferred.
• Proven experience as a General Counsel with managing legal issues and lawsuits
• Professional certificate (e.g. CCEP, CPC or CPHRM) preferred.
• Maintains all required licenses and certifications.
• Must be well versed at understanding contract language and potential outcomes dependent on the structure of agreements.
• Experience in risk management.
• Knowledge of Federal, California and local employment and healthcare law.
• Knowledge of CA OSHA regulations.
• Knowledge of HIPAA and state-based data privacy and security laws and regulations.
• Familiarity with general healthcare industry practices and professional standards.
• Strong oral and written communication skills (written and verbal).
• Detail orientated.
• Critical thinking and problem solving.
• Effective working alone or in a team.
• Willing to be hands on.
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug and health screen.
Sycamores is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Due to the direct contact we have with vulnerable populations, services we perform in the community, relevant CDPH orders, and CDC guidance, Sycamores mandates COVID-19 vaccinations. Accordingly, employees are required to (i) have a COVID- 19 vaccine which is authorized for emergency use by the US Food and Drug Administration or the World Health Organization by the first day of work OR (ii) obtain a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief.