Bedford Green House is a new state-of-the-art supportive/affordable housing complex providing homes and services to more than 300 New Yorkers. Phase I is a building designed to LEED Gold Standards and is scheduled to open in the Bronx in Jan 2021. Bedford Green House will provide onsite social services including primary care for adults and families and women’s health services, family reunification services, occupational therapy, and more. Funded in part by the NYC Dept. of Health and Hygiene and Human Resources Administration, Bedford Green House supports and encourages a healthy lifestyle with an abundance of resources for the community at large. BGH features sustainable landscaped green roof, rooftop greenhouse, aquaponics growing system, horticultural therapy classes with year-round gardening, planned healthy cooking workshops, community playground, and backyard with recreational and exercise equipment.
Case Manager is responsible for providing the required assessment, case management and short-term counseling to clients enabling them to achieve the outcomes of maintaining housing, living productively in the community, managing mental illness, substance abuse recovery, stable physical health and managing finances and entitlements independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
• Conducts pre-intake interviews to screen for appropriateness for housing at Bedford Green House.
• Conducts intakes, assessments and psychosocial evaluations as per agency standards for assigned caseload.
• Efficiently utilizes digital case management database, AWARDS, to input and update all client information.
• Provides case management services to assist in the creation of and adherence to individual Service Plans, identifying short term and long term goals and objectives to be achieved.
• Participate in clinical team meetings.
• Provide short term supportive counseling and advocacy on tenant behalf.
• Organizes, facilitates and educates through support groups, activities and events, on and off site.
• Maintains contact with internal and external service providers on behalf of the client.
• Identifies service needs and makes referrals, as needed, for medical, mental health, psychiatric, substance abuse and other services as needed.
• Provide escort to clients to ensure attendance at critical meetings and appointments, as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Clinical Team Leader or Program Director.