The Social Work Supervisor works with the Program Director in the child welfare system and as part of the Mobility Mentoring management team in Jamaica, Queens. The Social work supervisor will assist in overseeing the implementation of program services to children and their families by providing staff supervision. This position will oversee the Case Managers as they assess participants using EMPATH’s bridge to Self Sufficiency, provide comprehensive mentoring to achieve economic mobility, make referrals and collaborate with neighborhood partners.
The Social Work Supervisor is responsible for building strong staff coaching capabilities, coordinating with partners, implementation of data collection, processes, outcomes, and engagement with program mentors. The Social Work Supervisor will also assist in the implementation of the Improved Outcomes for Children (IOC) initiative and facilitate Family Team Conferences (FTC’s) as required. Serves as back up for Program Director and maintains effective liaisons with community resources/providers.
• Masters from an accredited School of Social Work with minimum of 3 years’ experience.
• LCSW or LMSW preferred.
• 3 or more years of experience working with children and family services strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of child abuse/neglect issues required.
• Possess excellent communication skills and individual and group counseling skills.
• 3 or more years of experience in supervision and administration of similar FTR preferred.
• Knowledge of Connections and PROMIS and Improved Outcomes for Children (IOC) initiative and Family Team Conference (FTC) model.
• Bilingual Spanish/English speaking preferred.
• Experience with outpatient mental health /substance abuse treatment setting helpful.
• Ability to travel and conduct home/field visits.