Housing Works is a healing community of people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. Our mission is to end the dual crises of homelessness and AIDS through relentless advocacy, the provision of lifesaving services, and entrepreneurial businesses that sustain our efforts. Join us and make a difference.
We’re currently seeking a Staff Nurse (RN) to be responsible for the delivery of nursing care to clients through assessing, planning, providing and documenting nursing care for a designated group of patients in accordance with the physician’s plan of care and Housing Works policies and procedures.
• Provides skilled nursing care and assessments to patients in the COVID 19 shelter environment.
• Provides clear, written and verbal assignments to the LPN and Medical Assistants, according to plan of care and updates instructions in a timely manner and documents.
• Coordinates all necessary client services with other interdisciplinary team members in the comprehensive care planning process.
• Performs specialized care in accordance with the competencies and demonstrate initiative in learning new skills and developing competency.
• Maintains accurate documentation of all nursing activities including medication profile, report any unusual changes/occurrences to the attention of the physician.
• Works with patient and health care team members effectively to coordinate services and to promote quality care and possible patient care outcomes.
• Cooperates and is reliable with providing on-call coverage.
• Establishes and maintains working relationships and open lines of communication with personnel from physician’s office, area hospitals, clinics, etc. to assure flow of information and continuity of care.
• Coordinates patient's medical care with external primary health care providers.
• Responsible for triaging patient care.
• Assesses the physical factors relating to the patient’s illness, need for care, and response to treatment and adjustment to plan of care.
• Addresses problems that may have an adverse effect on the patient's ability to respond to treatment and ability to attain optimal functioning.
• Administers medication and renders treatment as prescribed by Physician or Nurse Practitioner.
• Participates in the formulation of nursing standards and in the evaluation of their effectiveness. Participates in the appropriate Quality Assurance programs.
• Completes nutritional assessments and provides instructions on diet/nutrition and seeks consultation as necessary.
• Assists in orienting/precepting new staff.
• Provides and documents services in accordance with State, Federal, Medicare, Medicaid regulations.
• Coordinates with Director of Nursing to improve deficient services and the development and implementation of plan of correction.