Under the direction of the Program Director, the Rehabilitation Specialist provides services to consumers in the areas of general mental health, assessment, crisis intervention, therapy, case management and medi-cal related services.
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain an ongoing caseload.
2. Assist consumers to identify and meet goals.
3. Link consumers with other appropriate service providers as well as medi-cal related services.
4. Provide individual and group assistance to consumers (assessment, diagnosing, therapy,
supportive counseling, rehabilitation, and case management).
5. Complete case files and appropriate DMH paperwork as required.
6. Uphold MHA’s treatment philosophy and policies.
7. Work one Saturday per month.
8. Consult with Program Director and other staff as necessary.
9. Attend weekly staff meetings.
10. Participate in training of medi-cal covered services and events as appropriate.
11. Perform related duties as assigned and/or required.
1. Master’s degree required (Master's in Marriage and Family Therapy or Master's in Social Work), and minimum of 2 years’ experience in a mental health setting as a specialist in the fields of physical restoration, social adjustment, or vocational adjustment.
2. An understanding of serious mental illness.
3. Agreement with and adherence to the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation.
4. Able to read, write, and understand English and preferably Vietnamese, Farsi, Korean, Arabic or Spanish.
5. Able to relate to persons with diverse cultural backgrounds.
6. COVID-19 vaccination and booster required.