Family Specialist I (Part-time 20 hours) – Supporting our Differential Response program
Salary Range: $17.37 -$24.32
Actual offers will be determined by the candidate’s creditable years of experience in conjunction with internal equity considerations and based on the organization’s current compensation practices.
Differential Response is a voluntary service to help families stay together safely when one or more children may be at risk of an out-of-home placement. The focus of service is enhancing parenting, communication and other skills that support the healthy development of children, as well as obtaining community resources. Services are provided in the home, as well as in other community settings.
Who We Are
We are one of California’s largest and most comprehensive nonprofit behavioral and mental health providers, serving more than 30,000 children and their family members each year. We are a mission-driven team who work collaboratively to do whatever it takes to heal the whole family with a range of services offered at home, at school, or in the community.
Why Should You Apply?
Excellence, Accountability, Integrity, and Respect are the most important aspects of our agency’s culture.
We also believe in supporting our employees with competitive benefits, including:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Generous vacation plan and paid holidays
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401k matching
• Continued learning and growth opportunities
Do you want to “be the difference” for these children and families? Then take your career to the next level and apply to join our team today! Come learn and grow with us.
The Position: We are looking for a part time Family Specialist in Concord!
• Bachelor's Degree (BA/ BS) in Psychology, Behavioral Science, Education or related field.
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to write and speak in a grammatically correct manner required.
• Experience with children in a mental/behavioral heath setting preferred
Other Specific Requirements
• Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance.
• Valid California Driver's license with two years of experience driving and clean driving record may be required.
• Within a team process, develops a strength based relationship with youth and care givers. Intervenes with maladaptive behaviors while developing the youths strengths and interests.
• Responsible for linking to community resources and transferring skill sets to the care giver.
• Does whatever it takes to meet the needs of the family in a strength based approach while also working to preserve the family unit.
• Helps to create permanent connections for youth and families.
• May search, locate, and engage family members for youth.
• Assists with transitioning kids to the lowest level of care.
• Works independently in the family’s home and in a variety of community and/or treatment settings.