New York Urban League
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Dec 28, 2021
||US - New York - NYC
The Retention Specialist will report to the Program Manager supporting the Employment & Career
Services Programs. Duties will include, but shall not be limited to:
• Proficiency in modern business communications including computers, email, voicemail,
fax and copier equipment.
• Two years’ experience preferred, working with adult populations in workforce, education
and/or social support role.
• Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with/knowledge of best practices in workforce, job readiness and professional
• Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to speak clearly.
• Ability to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm, for example,
using a keyboard or phone.
• Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time.
• Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time in all types
of weather, including inclement weather.
• Ability to climb five flights of stairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create a nurturing and supportive environment for participants.
• Act as liaison between participants and program staff.
• Meet regularly with Program Manager to evaluate, plan, and develop program activities
and support measures.
• Monitor participants progress / completion of goals, reporting weekly all outcomes to
• Provide or refer training and professional development opportunities for participants.
• Support in management and development of resources library to promote participant
• Maintain proper documentation of engagement with participants.
• Be proactive in cold calling and maintaining frequent contact with participants and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Program Specific Responsibilities
• Provide direct services to participants; including assessments, service-plan development,
advocacy, counseling, exit summaries and follow up.
• Develop and facilitate presentations and workshops including but not limited to job
readiness, life skills, etc.
• Entering progress notes into PDM system regularly.
• Track employment placement and retention outcomes for program participants.
• Collaborate with the Diversity and Inclusion Specialist/Team to support workforce
• Organize, plan, and support in the execution of workforce development events as
necessary for various assigned projects.
• Participate in professional development initiatives through individual and/or group
supervision, attendance at conferences, workshops, seminars, or webinars.
• Attend and participate in organization-wide initiatives as required.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
• at least three years of professional work experience, particularly in
workforce, case management, social services, and/or Bachelor's degree required with at
least two years of professional work experience.
• Strong commitment to workforce development needs of our targeted community.
• Experience building trusting relationships and collaborative efforts with diverse
individuals, employers, and community partners.
• Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to interact appropriately with diverse socio-economic, racial/ethnic,
and varying cultural groups.
• Proven capacity to take initiative and thrive in a high-paced environment.
• Confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Ability to work outdoors and travel throughout NYC.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business techno
Name: Alyssa Ward
State/Province: New York
Country: United States