Title: Team Leader
Program: New Providence Shelter
Under the general direction of the Clinical Director, with some latitude for independent action and decision making, the Team Leader will provide direct supervision to the team of Case Managers as well as managing a small caseload to provide assessment, counseling, and referral services to the clients at the shelter; ensures that proper protocols are being followed and performs quality assurance activities regarding the delivery of services; performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Team Leader include but are not limited to the following activities:
• In addition to supervising Case Managers, they will maintain a caseload of 10 to 15 clients.
• Follows up on referrals to determine if they meet the criteria for admission to the shelter and verifies their appropriateness for referral to various programs.
• Assists the Director of Social Services in providing guidance and direction to the Case Managers to ensure assessments--including psycho-social evaluations--are being performed, Independent Living Plans are being promptly followed, referrals to appropriate programs are being made, and integration of services is occurring.
• Assists the Director of Social Services in conducting chart review to ensure all required documents have been given to and acknowledged by clients, and in coordinating the delivery of services to clients.
• Provides individual and group counseling sessions to assist the clients in achieving independence, obtaining permanent housing, and returning to their communities.
• May, as a part of aftercare service, provide outreach to the clients and housing providers to insure clients are performing well in their new living accommodations and being successful in their reintegration into the community, and may also provide assistance as may be needed to insure the clients’ success.
• Ensures that accurate and up to date clinical documents are being maintained and that required data is input into the CARES system by Case Managers in a timely fashion.
• Attends and participates in weekly Case Conference meetings on the status of each client.
• Coordinates the Money Management Program exercising fiduciary responsibilities for the clients to ensure savings goals are being achieved and that clients are spending funds responsibly.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Social Services.
Job duties generally require the physical activities described below, subject to any necessary reasonable accommodation due to disability. While performing the duties of this position, the Team Leader must walk the floors of the facility, traveling up and down any of the staircases to see clients. In addition, the Team Leader must stand, bend to use the files and be able to sit at the computer workstation for extended periods to review the client data and update the information in the case management systems.
Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW)
A minimum of four years of experience working with homeless mentally ill adults or other special needs population. Must have proven supervisory skills including at least two years of supervisory experience.