Title: Case Manager
Program: New Providence Women’s Shelter
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
• Conducts intake and assessments, makes necessary referrals for services and completes/updates psycho-social assessments of clients.
• Provides case management services and assists clients in the creation of and adherence to their Independent Living Plans by identifying short and long-term objectives of which can be achieved.
• Inputs all client information and updates in a timely fashion into the CARES system as well as the client’s physical chart.
• Maintains accurate and up to date written client documentation as required and in accordance with City/State oversight agency guidelines.
• Provides guidance for clients through individualized session on issues such as achieving personal goals, finding permanent or alternative housing, maintaining sobriety, complying with medication protocols, and pursuing employment opportunities.
• Maintains liaison with representatives from community organizations.
• Provides escort services to clients’ appointments as needed.
• Attends and participates in the program meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Team Leader, Clinical Director or Program Director.
While performing the duties of this position, the Case Manager must stand to talk to clients and staff, sit for extended periods of time at the computer, and reach or squat to get records from the files. The Case Manager must be able to use the New York City Transit system to escort clients to scheduled appointments, interviews, or meetings in any of the five boroughs.
Education and Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A Master’s degree in Social Work or other human services field is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with homeless, mentally ill and chemically addicted individuals or other special needs populations.