Are you looking for a meaningful career?
We’re hiring caring and compassionate individuals to work with foster youth at our residential campus in Altadena! Youth Specialists support and mentor the boys and teenagers with daily living skills and activities using trauma informed care practices in collaboration with our mental health team on campus.
The role of the Youth Specialist is to provide care, supervision, guidance, support and behavioral interventions to male youth ages 12-18 who are receiving mental health treatment in a short-term residential facility. These youth have been removed from the care of their families who are not able to care for them. Many of these youth have a history of trauma, neglect and abandonment and they will benefit from strong, caring people to help move them forward in life!
Join our team at Sycamores if you have a passion working with children/teens & families, LOVE a 4-day workweek, LOVE having FUN at work alongside an AMAZING team of mission driven professionals, LOVE eating for free at work and can work with a trauma informed framework! This career is truly for those who want to make valuable differences in the lives of young people.
• High school diploma or AA degree with one year of direct care experience required; two years of direct care experience preferred, OR Bachelor’s degree plus one year of direct care experience preferred.
• Maintains all required licenses and certifications.
• Valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
Hiring Immediately for full-time positions with excellent benefits, competitive pay and various shifts are available.
Visit our website for the full list of job openings and apply today!
In exchange for your skill and experience, Sycamores offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
· Competitive compensation
· Supportive work environment
· Medical insurance
· Dental insurance 100% employer paid for HMO employee only coverage plan
· Life and AD&D insurance 100% employer paid up to two times the annual salary
· Long-term disability 100% employer paid
· Flexible Spending Account
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Generous time off policy
· Employee Assistance Program
Review agency job board for details on physical demands by going to :
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug, and health screen.
Sycamores is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.