NAC Family Permanency Center offers families formed through adoption or guardianship, a place where they can find the support, advocacy, information, and a range of professional health and social services needed to help them create or maintain a successful and permanent home. Our goals are to prevent post-adoptive and post-guardianship dissolutions/disruptions, provide assistance to families so that children may be cared for in their own homes with their adoptive parent(s) or legal guardian(s), and strengthen post-adoptive and post-guardianship families.
• Title of Position: Case Associate/Outreach Specialist
• Position Type: Full Time | COVID vaccine required | Currently, hybrid work environment
• Travel - Travel required for outreach events and community visit
• Pay Range: Based on Experience
• Location: 37 West 26th Street New York, NY 1001|
• Department: Family Permanency Center
Description of Responsibilities:
• Meets with community based agencies and child welfare partners to lead presentations
• Explore and identify community fairs and outreach events to attend to increase awareness about post-adoption and post-guardianship services
• Developing and strengthening relationships with community based organizations and child welfare agencies to provide them with information and resources about post-adoption and kinship services.
• Network with community providers to plan in-service presentations and outreach events
• Attend community fairs and in-person engagement events which includes tabling and disseminating brochures, flyers, and program posters
• Coordinate outreach and recruitment efforts in all 5 boroughs to establish relationships with communities to target post-adoption and kinship families
• Track outreach efforts for required program reports and maintain data for all outreach communications and events
• Assist social work team on making referrals for families when needed
• Outreach families to engage in trainings, support groups and workshops to encourage participation
• Create flyers for monthly member support groups, outreach events and other program related opportunities for families
• Perform other related tasks and/or special projects as assigned
• Accompany clients to appointments such as Public Assistance, Medicaid, housing court, schools, IEP meetings, and medical appointments to provide support and advocacy.
• Conducts collateral calls to community providers to gather information about client service needs.
• Assist clients in obtaining grants and benefits as needed
• Assist with case management and case-related administrative tasks, including filing, chart reviews, and data entry using the agency’s electronic health record.
• Participate in case reviews, weekly supervisory sessions, and department meetings and trainings.
Required Education and Experience:
• The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in social work, policy, communications, business, or related discipline
• Demonstrated experience in the area of outreach
• Skilled in relationship building
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience with Excel and PowerPoint