Mental Health Clinician I ($1,500 hiring incentive)
Salary Range: $65,446.07-$78,535.28 plus bilingual and license incentives ($3,000 bilingual augmentation avaiable for qualified new hires)
Actual offers will be determined by the candidate’s creditable years of experience in conjunction with internal equity considerations and based on the organization’s current compensation practices.
Uplift Family Services’ Intensive Outpatient Program provides community-based, strength-based, needs driven and individualized services to youth/families of diverse cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. The program blends therapeutic and rehabilitative services within a multidisciplinary and family team approach to meet the needs of the community. Referred children and teens (6-21 years old) are experiencing obstacles that threaten their home, relative or foster care placements, or are at risk of further involvement with the Juvenile Justice System. IOP helps stabilize the home placements and supports family reunification and overall well-being. In addition to providing intensive mental health services, the Child & Family Team seeks to help the family form stronger connections by linking them with natural supports and community resources.
The Mental Health Services provided by IOP may include:
• Child & Family Team meetings to coordinate efforts with the family, DFCS, JPD, school staff, and other natural team members and community partners
• Individual, family, and group therapy
• Rehabilitative groups providing psychoeducation and socio-recreational activities
• School collaboration and support in accessing additional educational activities
• Social skills coaching, including anger management and enhancing play skills
• Peer coaching and support for parents and caregivers
• Case management and referrals to community services
• Youth and family community events
• Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
The Position : We are looking for a full time Clinician in San Jose!
• Master's Degree (MA/ MS) in Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Counseling or a closely related field required.
• One (1) year of supervised clinical experience with children required.
• Registered with the BBS or have the ability to obtain registration with the BBS within 60 days
• With limited supervision, provides comprehensive assessments, treatment planning, risk assessment, clinical interventions, case management, and coordination of therapeutic activities in the community.
• Ensures that documentation and maintenance of clinical records is completed per appropriate standards and regulations.
• Provides facilitation and support to enhance the efforts of youth and their families/caregivers in the design and implementation of evidence based treatment.
*This position works directly with children and adults