System Navigator and Rehabilitation Specialist I
Works within the vision, mission and philosophy of the agency. Exhibit behaviors consistent with the Service Principles. Demonstrates and develops supportive/coaching relationship with patients and their caregivers to help them navigate the system to support their well-being. This includes providing assistance (e.g., attending appointments, providing community linkages) and supporting education related to physical health, behavioral health, and social determinants of health. Supports the whole person care principles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All employees are responsible for keeping job requirements up to date. This can include but are not limited to certifications, licensure, and maintaining a clear criminal record.
• High school diploma or GED preferred but is not required.
• Completion of Mental Health Worker Training Course is highly desirable.
• Position is reserved for an individual who has lived or knows someone with lived experience with mental illness or the mental health system.
Highly Desirable Qualifications
• Self-identified as a person with lived (or family) experience with mental illness and the mental health system.
• Ability to identify recovery principles and explain their recovery process.
Other Specific Requirements
• Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance.
• Valid California Driver's license with two years of experience driving and clean driving record may be required.