Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $120 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse – All Shelters (Full Time)
LPNs are embedded in PRI Shelters to provide on-site nursing services under the direction of the Director of Nursing Operations and/or the Director of Primary or Behavior Health Care for issues related to medical care, medical management and nursing services to PRI clients. LPNs have dual reporting responsibilities to the on-site Program Director for daily program interactions and administration/management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Management of medication system for all clients at shelter, including
o receiving and reviewing prescriptions and medications
o ordering medications from pharmacy
o safe storage of medications
o ensuring that clients have appropriate supplies and access to medications
o Monitoring client reactions for side effects and reporting to prescribing provider.
• Provides nursing screening of all new clients
• Assists in triaging psychiatric, medical and substance abuse problems to appropriate providers
• Participates in weekly clinical meetings with medical staff AND with shelter case management & administrative staff
• Communicates regularly with on-site psychiatric and medical providers, case managers and on-site operations & administrative staff
• Communicates with off-site psychiatric providers as necessary and appropriate
• Administers morning and afternoon medications
• Administers decanoate injections according to orders of psychiatric provider
• Provides medication teaching as needed
• Assesses each client’s knowledge of medications and ability to self-administer medications
• Provides ongoing health education and support to clients
• Maintains documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures
• Assist with tele-psychiatry operations as scheduled with tele-psychiatry provider at Project Renewal
• Coordinates activities of evening LPN as needed, respective to site
• New York State licensed LPN
• Working with homeless individuals preferred.
• Must have the ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
• Must have knowledge Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com