Mental Health Clinician
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients throughout New York City. With over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States, we believe our highly skilled practitioners do more than just diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows.
With approximately 65,000 admissions per year and 10,000 average daily population, the NYC jail system is among the largest in the nation. The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York Health + Hospitals (H+H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care and discharge planning within the jail system.
Working under the supervision of the Mental Health Unit Chief, you will provide high quality Mental Health care to the population of the New York City Department of Corrections on Rikers Island and the Manhattan House of Detention.
• Providing mental health evaluations, crisis intervention, assessments, and follow-up care
• Determines and coordinates disposition of patients for appropriate level of mental health care including discharge planning
• Completing required statistical reports
• Collaborating with the Department of Correction to ensure access to patients, proper housing, and treatment disposition
• Coordinating patient care with other institutional programs
• Developing and leading group treatment on mental health observation units and other units as assigned
• Completing all required documentation
• Participating in Clinical Supervision as assigned
• Participating in mental health and medical rounds as assigned
• Participating in case conferences and treatment planning for patients receiving and being considered for mental health treatment
• May conduct psychological testing as assigned
• May supervise social work interns or student volunteers as assigned
• Performing other duties as assigned by Unit Chief, Assistant Unit Chief, and Clinical Supervisor
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field
• New York State License in Social Work, License in Mental Health Counseling, or licensure in Psychology
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination will be required prior to hire
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate confidential consideration, please email your resume to: Shontaine Knight – Healthcare Recruiter, at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online at:
Physician Affiliate Group of New York
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V