The Human Services Agency (HSA) of San Mateo County is seeking a qualified Investigative Analyst. Under general supervision, the Investigative Analyst will assist in and perform technical and investigative work associated with suspected welfare fraud and violations of law in connection with various County programs, as well as verify information submitted by applicants/recipients of public assistance to determine client eligibility, identify fraud, and maintain integrity of the welfare program. The Investigative Analyst assists Fraud Investigators and performs routine or less complex investigations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Experience and knowledge in assisting and performing technical and investigative work which includes case reviews associated with suspected welfare fraud and violations of law in connection with various County programs.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and is highly organized, responsible, detail-oriented, committed to public service, and able to work independently and collaboratively in a culturally diverse environment.
• The ability to easily establish rapport and conduct interviews of a highly personal nature with culturally diverse clients and establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
• Excellent written communication skills and ability to format documents and reports.
• Strong analytical skills and familiarity with basic statistical and research techniques.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is two years of experience performing public assistance eligibility work. Must successfully pass a background investigation prior to employment.