Under the direction of the Unit Supervisor, the Rehabilitation Aide is responsible for providing rehabilitation and recovery services to residents at Queens Community Living Program. The Rehabilitation Aide provides counseling, advocacy and case management services to residents. The Rehabilitation Aide ensures the rights, safety and approved care of all residents by implementing best practices in accordance with the Part 595 Regulations of the New York State Office of Mental Health as well guidelines implemented by the Agency. The Rehabilitation Aide is required to maintain a professional and ethical disposition at all times.
The Rehabilitation Aide will also provide Service Coordinator duties, as the agency has embraced the concept of a fully integrated system of care for all consumers of service. This requires that the staff assess the client's needs holistically and see it as their responsibility to connect the client with services needed--internal or external to the agency, regardless of the door to which the consumer enters the system.
* Provide direct residential, rehabilitative, recovery clinical and case management services to clients and maintain accurate recordings in case files.
* Meet with residents a minimum of twice a week to discuss and document their progress with specific reference to their service plan goals, and go out in to the field as directed by program as issues arise.
* Formulate and implement service plan goals with Residents.
* Prepare contact notes, incident reports and other documentation as needed.
* Upon eligibility, complete all necessary documents to obtain/retain appropriate credentials, certifications and licenses.
* Participate in the on-call duty roster for 24 hour coverage of clients.
* Make referrals to appropriate community service providers.
* Monitor resident’s compliance to house rules and report non-compliance to Unit Supervisor and/or Clinical Manager and document in communication log.
* Accompany clients to scheduled appointments with service providers as needed.
* Actively participate in weekly supervision, case conferences and staff meetings.
* Reporting to Behavioral Health Services Administration and/or Agency Administration issues that may have a negative impact on the reputation of the Agency, client and/or staff welfare or any corporate compliance issue.
* Assess the needs of the whole consumer/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
* Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the consumer's families' needs.
* Follow-up on referrals made on behalf of a consumers/family and respond to all referrals made to you or the program.
* Participate in cross-program service reviews that support the planning and coordination of service delivery and service closure.
* Participate in medication monitoring.
* Assist with Crisis Intervention as needed.
* Assist and instruct residents in Activities of Daily Living: bathing, dressing, laundry, housekeeping, shopping and budgeting and meal preparation as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or a related health/human services field required.
* Excellent clinical skills with at least two years relevant mental health, substance abuse or human service experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent computer skills.