Resident Service Coordinator/Care Manager|
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 17, 2021
||starting rate $20/hr DOE
||US - California - Los Angeles
||- n/a -
Summary of Duties:
The Resident Service Coordinator/Care Manager primarily assists older adults to enhance the quality of their lives by coordinating services and support so they can maintain their independence and live at home. They also provide education, service coordination, integrated care management and other social services, particularly to those with limited English proficiency who need services in the Japanese language. They must be able to work with seniors, families and caregivers in an empathetic and caring manner. They must be willing to problem-solve and learn, and work well independently and as part of a team. They must be able to work with a diverse staff and array of programs, as well as be flexible and take initiative when appropriate.
Service Coordination for residents of an ethnically diverse subsidized senior housing building.
- work with a team of Service Coordinators, as well Property Management staff to ensure a safe and high quality living environment for residents
- perform assessments to identify residents’ support systems and needs
- educate residents about available benefits, community resources, application procedures and wellness topics through one-on-one and group interactions
- link residents to resources to maintain healthy and independent living
- act as a liaison between residents and service providers
- advocate on behalf of residents so that they can access resources
- monitor service delivery to ensure they are appropriate, timely, and satisfactory
- create and maintain a directory of resources relevant to the needs of residents
- document services and contacts with residents, providers, and families in a web-based system
- maintain resident files, keeping information organized and accessible, but secure and confidential
- organize regular educational and wellness activities for residents by contacting speakers or service professionals and arranging logistical details
Provide care management and other related services to help Japanese American and Japanese-speaking clients maintain healthy and independent living.
- assess needs, develop care plans and deliver culturally and linguistically appropriate services accordingly
- refer clients to appropriate resources for financial issues, legal matters, respite, counseling, etc. and assist with accessing benefits and programs as needed
- record progress notes in a web-based system and keep appropriate back-up documentation and files current
- establish relationships with service providers/agencies for referrals and ongoing service management
- organize information for reports and performance goals as required by service contracts and/or by supervisor, and prepare for program and financial audits
*Execution of some of the above duties may require driving or use of public transportation to provide services at satellite office or in the field.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Social Work or related field, plus two years of social services experience;
- Effective communication skills in English and Japanese;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community services in the area, with particular knowledge of services for elderly and ethnic minority populations;
- Good problem-solving, writing, and oral communication skills;
Equivalent education or experience can be substituted for all minimum qualificati
Paid sick, vacation and holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Year's); Full health coverage for employee through designated health plans; Partial employer match for 403b retirement plan.