New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexity, ?chronic health conditions, significant disabilities and behavioral challenges.?To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Resource Specialist to join its Resource Department.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of NAC’s Resource Department, learn about NYC resources and entitlements, and receive excellent supervision while working directly with our client, both in the field and in the office
• Agency?Name: New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
• Title of Position: Resource Specialist
• Position Type: Full-Time
• Pay Range: Based on Experience
• Location: 37 West 26th Street 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010
• Supervisor: Director of Resources, Advocacy & Homelessness Prevention
Description of Responsibilities:
Maintain knowledge of New York City’s many entitlement and resource programs available to NAC’s clients and the general population including but not limited to:
• HRA services, Medicaid, Social Security, Mental Health, Office of Vital Records document request, locating camps.
• Ability to meet with clients in the office and the field to advocate as needed.
• Act as an advocate in all types of courts including Criminal, Housing and Family.
• Building and maintaining relationships with community funders of our food pantry, legal assistance groups, and advocacy organizations including attending Policy meetings when possible.
• Maintain and distributing food to NAC clients and the community from NAC’s Food Pantry
•Master Social Worker
•General knowledge of housing programs and housing court.