Talent Development Specialist|
Equus Workforce Solutions
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Oct 08, 2021
||- n/a -
||US - California - Laguna Hills
||- n/a -
• Empower jobseekers with the knowledge and tools need to conduct a successful job search
• Inform, educate, and support jobseekers through one-on-one advisement including:
• Helping jobseekers determine attainable short-term and long-term career goals.
• Assist jobseekers candidacy through resume reviews and mock interviews.
• Provide referrals to community partners that will help jobseekers overcome barriers to employment that cannot be mitigated through services offered at the center.
• Provide all services with a high level of customer service while tailoring message to the Center’s focus population.
• Offer consistent follow-up and support to job seekers.
• Connect jobseeker to appropriate community service or social service agencies when needed to overcome barriers to employment.
• Create and facilitate market-driven, youth oriented workshops
• Create and maintain an environment that promotes quality through:
• Establishment of clear expectations and encouragement of customer accountability
• Implement a structure and plan that are consistent with prescribed curriculum goals
• Maintain an awareness of differences in individual learning styles and strengths
• Delivery of SBS-approved workshops
• Ensure that dissemination of information and facilitation of active learning sessions operate smoothly and result in customers who are prepared for job placement and career advancement
• Practice high-quality instruction
• Vary methods of instruction to encourage attention and interest
• Utilize diverse materials and activities to respond to differences in learning styles
• Facilitate active learning
• Demonstrate an awareness and commitment to the balance of individual and group needs
• Provide services such as job readiness, resume revision/ rewriting and preparation for interviewing
• Model positive and professional behavior
• Demonstrate positive, pro-social interactions with customers, staff and community representatives
• Use written and spoken language adequately
• Use language reflective of commitment to diversity; demonstrate cultural competence
• Model respect and professionalism across all situations
• Bachelor of Art/Bachelor of Science in psychology, marketing, business, human resources or related fields with two plus years relevant work experience
• Experience working with career counseling consumers in a high volume work environment, particularly in a human services or workforce development or an equivalent combination.