Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $120 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reports to the Medical Director of Psychiatric Services. Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer and Director of Healthcare Operations
• Oversees all psychiatric care at the shelter including coordination with the Embedded Nursing staff for the administration of medication
• Provides psychiatric evaluations for individuals referred for assessment of psychiatric conditions or for entitlements and housing.
• Provides psychiatric follow-up care as needed, including psychopharmacology and supportive psychotherapy. Adheres to agency policy regarding obtaining health screening and laboratory monitoring.
• Provides crisis intervention and assessment as needed.
• In collaboration with on-site nurse, provides liaison to outside psychiatric and medical providers as necessary and appropriate.
• Completes documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
• Participates in weekly clinical team meeting at shelter. Provides case consultation to interdisciplinary staff such as case managers.
• Attends bimonthly group supervision with fellow providers and attends Healthcare Department Meetings
• Willing to participate in education and training to deliver care via telepsychiatry as needed
• Participates in agency quality assurance process as requested by Medical Director.
• May participate in supervision of medical students or residents as arranged with Medical Director of Psychiatric Services.
New York State Medical License and Registration
Board certified in Psychiatry
Experience: Working with homeless population preferred.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org