Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $120 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide nursing services on site 35 hours per week.
• Provide triage and initial assessment of clients presenting with acute medical and psychiatric problems.
• Provide routine monitoring of clients’ physical condition
• Collect required health data and enter in electronic medical record for initial health assessment for each client referred for medical services.
• Provide HIV testing and flu vaccination as allowed under standing order regulations of New York State
• Coordinate with primary care team, mental health team, patient navigator and Program staff.
• Participate in weekly clinical meetings
• Leads daily huddles for onsite staff and providers
• Coordinate response to medical and psychiatric emergencies.
• Follow-up any emergency calls, including communication with emergency services, recommendations for follow-up, and incident reporting when necessary.
• Assist patient navigator to facilitate referrals to community-based psychiatric and primary care providers.
• Maintain documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures, including use of the Electronic Health Record and maintenance of all logs to facilitate required reporting.
• Provides medication management, administration and teaching when necessary and appropriate.
• Provide outreach to shelter clients when necessary.
• Provide ongoing health education and support to shelter clients when necessary.
• Organize education for shelter clients and staff on health topics as indicated when necessary.
• Maintains documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
• Reports to Assistant Director, Nursing Operations for Primary Care in collaboration with Medical Director, Primary Care
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the Shelter & Embedded Programs
• Provides routine monitoring of clients’ physical condition, triage of medical and psychiatric problems.
• Provides medication management, administration and teaching when necessary and appropriate
• Maintains and manages the Medication Administration Records (MARs)
• Participates in intake process as required by facility.
• Provides initial health assessment for each client
• Helps to identify medical problems among clients
• Collaborates with facility psychiatrists, as well as with on-site and community-based medical and psychiatric services.
• Provides ongoing health education and support to clients
New York State licensed registered nurse.