POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN BOTH HUDSON AND BERGEN COUNTY OFFICES
Heightened Independence and Progress (hip)
Supporting independent living for people with disabilities, hip is a nonprofit agency run by and for people with disabilities. Its purpose is to promote full inclusion and full accessibility for all people, and to enhance the ability of every individual to live and work with maximum independence.
DDD SUPPORT COORDINATOR- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Coordinate services for individuals by contacting service providers and managed care organizations
• Maintain monthly contact and conduct home visits at least four times annually
• Complete monthly monitoring documentation by deadline
• Maintain accurate case notes
• Knowledge of programs and services offered in DDD Supports and CCP programs, social security eligibility and benefits, and other programs and services available to persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities
• Travel to visit individual at their home or program
• DDD Support Coordination Certified
• Able to work independently with minimal direction and reach out to ESC Team when guidance is needed.
• Requires flexibility to meet the requests for consumer/families meeting after standard working hours
• Requires in-home visits and attendance at community-based meetings, therefore candidate must have access to transportation
The DDD Support Coordinator must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field. Prior experience in human services delivery and knowledge of community-based services is preferred. The individual filling this position must be self-directed, detail-oriented, posses excellent interpersonal communication and computer skills. An understanding of issues faced by people with disabilities is essential. Valid driver’s license required. Bilingual is a plus.
PLEASE FORWARD RESUMES TO JPRECIADO@HIPCIL.ORG