Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
As a Registered Nurse, you'll be directly responsible for provide nursing care to children and adolescents served in our Crisis Psychiatric Care (subacute) facility and other children served as arranged by the treating psychiatrist and the program director. The RN is required to meet all state, federal, licensing and contract standards including accreditation body Behavioral Health Standards. The RN ensures safe management of all medical care for the children served. This positions requires a Bachelors’ of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in order to be trained and licensed by the state of Oregon to act as the Licensed Child Emergency Safety Intervention Specialist.
- Complete the medical admission process
- Provide routine healthcare, basic triage and emergency care including assessment and documentation of treatment of injuries
- Serve in the Licensed Child Emergency Safety Intervention Specialist (LCESIS) role authorizing and overseeing restraints and seclusions
- Oversee ESI’s and assist with OIS physical interventions during crisis situations
- Manage children’s medications by maintaining safe medication administration practices
- Act as a medical/nursing resource to the children and families served
- Prepare all discharge medication prescriptions and obtain psychiatrist signature prior to child’s discharge. Provide discharge medication instructions to client’s families/caregivers.
- Proficiently complete phlebotomy services
- Complete medication cart audits
- Assist line staff by supervising the children on the units to maintain milieu safety
- Proficiently administer tuberculin skin tests for new employees
- This position may include working other shifts
*May involve exposure to pathogens and possible assaults/injury
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oregon. Bachelors’ degree required. Nurses holding a Bachelors’ of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree will be trained and licensed by the state of Oregon to act as the LCESIS. BSN nurses will be responsible for completing all duties in the Licensed Child Emergency Safety Intervention Specialist.
- Previous experience working in mental health preferred.
- Meet the following physical demands: meet physical requirements of Oregon Intervention System and ability to respond physically to crisis intervention; stand for long periods of time; twisting, running, and some heavy lifting (minimum of 50 pounds).
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite.