Foster Family Services Social Worker|
New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Sep 01, 2021
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Mahattan
||- n/a -
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexity, chronic health conditions, significant disabilities and behavioral challenges. To assist in this mission, New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified, organized and detail orientated individual to join our team as a Foster Family Services social worker. In collaboration with an interdisciplinary team we provide high-quality services to a diverse group of foster parents throughout New York.
• Pay Range: Based on Experience
• Location: 37 West 26th Street, New York NY 10010
• Department: Foster Care and Adoption Program
• Complete thorough assessments of prospective foster/adoptive families’ willingness and ability to provide care to children with special healthcare needs. Assessments will include all members of the household or family.
• Facilitate the matching process of children referred for placement with the most appropriate family.
• Collaborate with the foster parent recruiter to identify prospective families through community outreach, recruitment fairs, and orientation programs as needed.
• Conduct office, home and community visits as required by each case.
• Train prospective foster families in approved pre-certification training curriculum and assists with ongoing recertification foster parent training for licensed foster parents as necessary.
• Complete all licensure paperwork in a timely manner and ensures that documentation in foster parent records conforms to agency, City and State regulatory requirements.
• Maintain caseload through CONNECTIONS and BINTI including bed availability, training, and annual re-certification of assigned families. Maintains hard copy of foster parent records.
• Participate in individual and group supervision. Participate in agency staff meetings and clinical in-service trainings. Participates in Family Team Conferences and Case Reviews as needed.
• Provide advocacy, information and referrals to other NAC departments and outside agencies as requested.
• Responsible for 24-hour on-call duty coverage on a rotating basis.
• May provide individual therapy and/or group work services as assigned.
• May be asked to assist other units on an as needed basis.
• MSW from an accredited school of social work; LMSW preferred.
• Child Welfare experience; prior work in foster care preferred.
• Prior experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds.
• GPSII/MAPP Leader and/or Parenting Skills Training Leader Certification a plus!
• Knowledge of health-related factors in working with medically fragile and/or chronically ill children, knowledge of mental health diagnoses, as well as experience in the area of child and adolescent development.
• Bilingual a plus!
•Strong clinical assessment skills
•Strong organizational, writing, communication and time management skills
•Desire to collaborate with an interdisciplinary-team
How to Apply:
Please indicate Foster Family Services Social Worker in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
Name: Mary Ann Code
State/Province: New York
Country: United States