Job Title: Director of Operations
Reports to: President/CEO
Supervises: Building Supervisor, Building/Facility Assistant, Kitchen Manager, Guest Services Coordinator, Custodian, Cleaning Contractor, Security Contractor, IT Contractor, and Building Management vendors
General Description: The Director of Operations is a member of the Center/Admin/Ops team. Other members of the team include: Director of Early Childhood Programs; Director of Family Support; Director of Developmental and Mental Health Services, Chief Financial Officer, and Director of Human Resources. The Director of Operations will be responsible for managing the building operations that support the organization: Building maintenance, grounds maintenance, food services, vehicle maintenance, reception, purchasing and management of supplies, IT, phone system, and compliance with all health and safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the day to day building and systems maintenance duties, through supervision of Building Assistant, contractors, and vendors.
• Responsible for supervision of Kitchen Manager and insure compliance with USDA and other food service related regulations.
• Manage the relationships and performance of contractors for security, cleaning, grounds service, HVAC, and others.
• Manage security systems and processes and implement and document monthly/quarterly fire, tornado, intruder drills.
• Manage the budget for and purchasing process for all building related supplies.
• Manage the Guest Services Coordinator and ensure all reception policies are adhered to.
• Responsible for maintenance of van and bus. Drive van/bus as needed.
• Work in conjunction with Child Care Team to ensure all Local, State, Federal, NAEYC Accreditation, and Vogel Alcove standards and policies are met, as they related to facility and safety procedures.
• Manage payroll review for direct reports.
• Manage the relationship with the IT vendor and trouble shoot IT issues onsite, as needed.
• Manage Resource Room and receipt of in-kind donations, as well as distribution of goods through agency stores to clients.
• Self-reliant, good problem solver and results oriented.
• Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive.
• Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
• Passion for Vogel Alcove’s mission.
• Other duties as assigned.