FAMILY COORDINATOR, HIV HEALTH PROMOTION
The Family Center is a not-for-profit organization providing social and legal services to families affected by life threatening parental illness, absence, and loss. The Family Center has been the pioneer in the design and research of health care coordination and education, permanency planning and advocacy services that address the myriad of issues that challenge families. Please visit our website at www.thefamilycenter.org to learn more about our services.
The Family Coordinator provides individual and group services to New Yorkers living with HIV and their loved ones. The Family Coordinator delivers interventions that promote engagement and retention in HIV primary care, specialty care and needed behavioral health services. The Family Coordinator reports to the Health Promotion Supervisor.
• Provide home-based and agency-based case management and supportive counseling to address barriers to stability.
• Conduct thorough assessments and develop services plans/treatment goals to be updated every six months.
• Assess and address unmet needs of participants including connection to medical care, mental health care and other essential services, making and following up on internal and external referrals
• Provide accompaniment to medical or other appointments as appropriate to support attendance, promote self-efficacy and provide psychoeducation.
• Provide individual psychoeducation related to HIV diagnosis, treatment, transmission and available services and supports.
• Facilitate psychoeducation and support groups.
• Deliver and document services, including evidence-based interventions with fidelity to program and agency protocol.
• Document all work with clients in electronic health record.
• Manage field schedule and use remote access tools to coordinate and communicate with supervisor, colleagues, and clients remotely.
• Maintain a caseload of 20-25 clients.
• Participate in individual and group supervision, debriefing sessions, and team meetings.
• Any special projects and/or other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated knowledge of HIV disease and treatment and self-management barriers and supports.
• Experience with use of motivational interviewing approaches to promote positive behavior change, including to address barriers to treatment for mental health and/or substance use concerns.
• High school diploma or equivalent considered with three years’ experience in social service delivery setting, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Experience facilitating groups including through the use of evidence-based interventions.
• Bilingual Spanish a plus.
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000 per year
Please email resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Family Coordinator, HIV Health Promotion” in subject line.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.