AC is currently seeking applicants for a new position of Bilingual Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, Mental Health and Pediatric Clinic in its newly renovated Comprehensive Health Center, integrating mental health and pediatric medical services in a single location. This is an exciting opportunity to work with individual and multidisciplinary teams of professionals at an innovative agency serving the needs of some of the most vulnerable children and families in New York City.
• Title of Position: Bilingual Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, Mental Health and Pediatric Clinic
• Position Type: Full Time Position (35hr/week) including Evenings and some Saturdays
• Pay Range: Based on Experience
• Location: 37 West 26th Street, New York 10010
• General Purpose: The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will serve as the initial primary contact with clients (children, adults and their families), guests and other visitors via front-desk and telephone interactions.
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Greet all visitors and staff in a welcoming manner.
2. Distribute “Visitor Passes” as directed by internal policy.
3. Notify staff in the pediatrics or mental health clinics, as appropriate, that the client has arrived for an appointment. These staff members include
4. therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists and social workers assigned for all clients with appointments in the Article 31 (Mental Health) clinic and for clients with appointments in the Article 28 (Medical) Clinic who are presenting for psychological evaluation; and
5. the nurse on duty in the Article 28 clinic and social workers assigned for all clients presenting for pediatric medical appointments in the Article 28 clinic.
6. Notify clients' social workers of their arrival via phone, paging or email.
7. Answer telephones, screen and direct incoming calls to staff.
8. Distribute messages; in writing, verbally or electronically, as appropriate.
9. Interact with messengers & vendors.
10. Maintain Staff Sign-In/Out Sheets.
11. Maintain Client/Vendor Sign-In Sheets.
12. Maintain “Fire Drill ” and “Disaster Drill” Attendance Sheets in the event of a Fire Drill, Disaster Drill or False Alarm.
13. Communicate with transportation department for clients’ return home when needed.
14. Scan documents in Electronic Health Record system, Evolv.
15. Manage keys for various offices and closets in the agency at main reception desk as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities as needed
1. Schedule and confirm appointments, in collaboration with coordinators of the mental health and pediatric clinics.
2. Complete Transportation or Family Support Requests.
3. Assist clients in the checkout process, as needed, before they leave the clinic.
4. Complete other administrative duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Is able to manage a mid to large phone console(s); work independently and under pressure; write legibly; follow written and oral instructions effectively. Uses excellent communication skills to work within a team setting
•considerable experience in general office procedures
•1-2 years of Reception experience in a medical or mental health setting.
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. was founded on the principle of inclusion. We strive to create and maintain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace at all levels. It is not enough to serve; we must strive to dismantle oppressive policies and practices.