Los Angeles Jewish Home
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Aug 13, 2021
||up to $27.50 DOE
||US - California - Reseda
The Social Worker’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
• Assist with Social Services and Activities whenever regular social services assistant or activities aide is not available.
• Manages unit case load in an efficient manner and coordinates responsibilities with L.C.S.W.
• Participates in development, review, revision and implementation of policies and procedures for the Acute Psychiatric Unit as needed.
• Conducts regular unit rounds with LCSW and other IDT members as appropriate to identify care and environmental issues and implement corrections as appropriate.
• Assessment / Reassessment: Assists in the completion of an initial psycho-social chemical dependency assessment (when appropriate) within 72 hours of admission of patients with input from the patient and patient’s authorized representative. Documents Individual/Group interventions daily in the attendance record. Completes progress notes including psycho-social evaluation weekly or more often as needed.
• Treatment planning: Assures that treatment plans include appropriate social service interventions within 72 hours and are updated with each change of condition, change in behaviors and at least weekly. Assures that the patient / patient’s authorized representatives are involved in development of the treatment plan and sign the treatment plan to acknowledge agreement with the treatment plan.
• Documentation: Writes progress note on admission, weekly, upon discharge and as needed with new concerns, significant change of behaviors, response to interventions and when new interventions are needed as well as discharge plans. Completes daily documentation of individual and group interventions as directed.
• Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement: Actively participates in the Acute Psychiatric Unit QA & PI program. Reviews indicators for social service on a pre-assigned basis, makes any necessary corrections and makes recommendations for improvement to the QA and PI Committee at least quarterly.
• Discharge Planning / Utilization Review: Initiates discharge planning on admission and coordinates the discharge process with the patient / patient’s authorized representatives and other resources. Assists the patient select an appropriate discharge placement (i.e. home health care, Residential Care Facility for the Elderly, skilled nursing facility etc.)
o Provides discharge planning and documents medical necessity.
o Assists patient and patient’s authorized representative select an appropriate after care placement when needed.
• Assists with transfer to other acute psychiatric facilities providing involuntary care when needed.
• Assures security of environment to prevent exit of patients attempting to elope. Implements the facility procedure for elopement if any patient leaves the facility without permission.
• Other duties as required.
• Masters Degree in Social Work with acute inpatient geriatric psychiatry experience preferred.
• Must possess or obtain BCLS and Assault Response Training within 90 days of hire.
• Strong preference for previous inpatient psychiatric hospital experience.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• LPS certification preferred.
• Management of Assaultive Behavior (MAB) competency within 6 months of hire.
• Flexible hours but may include some weekends and/or evenings
Is Temporary: No
Cover Letter Req.: Yes
Work Week: Including Weekends
Number of Hours: 40
Position Type ID: Full Time
Department: Psychiatric Unit/Mental Health
Location ID: Reseda - Grancell Village Campus
Name: Yelena Amitin
Address: 7150 Tampa Ave
Country: United States