Provide para-professional support services and assistance to children and families in the foster care programs. Provide transportation for clients (children and birth families) to and from various appointments, i.e. family visits, medical appointments, court, staffing, school, etc; Communicate with foster and/or biological parents, teachers, social workers and others to gather information for social service delivery; Supervise family visits, and/or assist in the supervision of complex visits; Supervise children as appropriate, and as requested by Team; Provide written documentation and complete required data entry of all client contact and service coordination; Perform light clerical work as required and data entry as required.
• Work effectively with people of differing backgrounds.
• Active Listening: including paraphrasing, empathize and summarize the views of others
• Writing Skills: write clearly and succinctly; get messages across that have the desired effect; use appropriate style, grammar and tone.
• Computer Skills: Has an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge and skills with Agency’s computer software (i.e. Email, Microsoft Office, etc.)
• Sound knowledge of child development and adolescent behaviors;
• Excellent engagement skills with both children and adults;
• Effectively develop & implement strategies to assist in identified areas of risk or concern;
• Excellent negotiation and crisis intervention skills;
• Able to work independently and effectively, as a member of a multi-disciplinary team;
• Possess skills to effectively problem solve and work collaboratively with others;