Villa Esperanza Services, established in 1961, is a non-profit organization offering quality care and education for children, adults, and seniors with developmental, intellectual, and other disabilities. Villa offers nine programs including a comprehensive school for children up to the age of 22 years; a Speech and Language Center and Occupational Therapy Clinic providing children, adults, and seniors with comprehensive therapies; employment services; day programs for adults; and adult residences and independent living skills services in Pasadena and Thousand Oaks.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Development & Public Relations, the Grant Writer is responsible for grant writing and fund development activities for Villa Esperanza Services. The individual will ensure a positive image with internal and external constituents while supporting the agency’s overall development and financial growth.
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 8:30a - 5:00p (40 hours/week) On-site Location/Hybrid
Pay: $25 per hour
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Ensure the accuracy and integrity of grant and fund records, grant applications, compliance of funded proposals, progress reports, and correspondence to funders.
· Develop/maintain a comprehensive grants management task/calendar reflecting the essential contact and information requirements for each public agency, charitable foundation, and corporations with which Villa has or intends to submit grant proposals.
· Provide audit support to Finance Department on all grants and disbursements.
· Ongoing communication with program directors and finding funding solutions to special needs of program growth.
· Conduct research on new foundation/corporate funder prospects, providing a thorough assessment of viability and a plan for cultivation.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· 3-5 years experience in preparing and submitting proposals and managing grants (including report writing), from County, State, and Federal agencies, charitable foundations, and corporations.
**Final candidates must satisfactorily complete a fingerprinting clearance, physical & TB screenings.**