Social Worker, Looking Ahead Program, Los Angeles|
The Actors Fund
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Sep 16, 2021
||- n/a -
||US - California - Los Angeles
||- n/a -
Seeking Social Worker to provide supportive counseling, educational, transitional and vocational support services to program youth, families and alumni. Will provide case management, counseling, education and vocational themed groups and workshops for clients.
This is currently a remote position with the expectation of an eventual return to The Fund’s Los Angeles office.
Counseling services include providing individual and family sessions to young performers on managing stress and anxiety related to the industry, school and life challenges. Will provide individual, group and family counseling. Education services include assisting young performers and families locate and explore schooling options, find educational resources and understand and plan for college and careers. Will continually assess the needs of the population and develop strategies to provide support. Will assist youth and their parents in developing individual education/career plans and will provide short-term counseling services as needed.
Social Worker will assist Supervisor and Youth Programs Specialist in planning balanced calendar of events, which they will also chaperone with their colleagues. Social Worker’s event planning will be geared toward education and vocational pursuits.
Will facilitate a monthly leadership group for program youth. Develop curriculum for each month’s meeting.
Will develop materials for individual and group programs, seminars and panel presentations with emphasis on mental health, education and vocational themes. Will also develop and maintain list of mental health and educational resources for clients. Will work with parents as needed to provide career support including resume review, interviewing techniques and career search strategies.
Cultivates relationships with LAUSD and other public and private school entities, community agencies, SAG-AFTRA Young Performers Committee, studio teachers and members of the Looking Ahead Advisory Committee. Plans and facilitates yearly studio teacher’s luncheon and will participate in outreach opportunities with various stakeholders as needed.
Will work to engage program alumni in services and will provide routine outreach to alumni to keep track of their transition into college and vocational life. Maintain all client records, charting and statistics pertinent to the program(s), ensuring the confidentiality of all information.
Serves as a backup processer for Unclaimed Coogan funds.
• Master’s degree in social work from an accredited School of Social Work; State Licensure optional.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with youth in a mental health, educational or enrichment program.
• Demonstrates strong clinical and engagement skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff and other agencies.
• Ability to be self-motivated.
• An unrevoked driver’s license, valid in California, and access to a vehicle.
• Experience with vocational/educational/career counseling experience with youth ages 9-18. Additional vocational, educational or career services with adults highly desired.
• Knowledge of CSU/UC and community college systems.
• Previous experience in after school programming
* .Experience and/or understanding of entertainment industry.
• 2 years relevant event planning work experience.
• Available to conduct groups, seminars or trainings during evenings as needed.
• Ability to work irregular hours, including minimum of one evening per month and a minimum of three weekends per month.
• Ability to attend and participate in, with or without reasonable accommodation, a range of indoor and outdoor physical activities (e.g. paintball, laser tag, amusement parks and beach volleyball) in order to sufficiently supervise the program participants.
The Actors Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Built into the value statement of The Actors Fund is a commitment to embrace diversity and seek equity, inclusion and dignity for all. We celebrate our differences and strive to cultivate an environment of mutual respect.
City: Los Angeles