When applying, include your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format.
The Sponsored Residential Manager provides oversight and supervision of the day-to-day operations of the sponsored residential program services in the assigned office area within the Developmental Disabilities Program. This includes supervision of assigned staff members and oversight of facility needs (e.g. space, furnishings, and equipment). Screens all prospective Sponsored Providers and their homes including the completion of the Home Finding process, DBHDS Licensing approval and LHRC affiliation.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a human services field is required with five years of experience in providing casework services to individuals with developmental disabilities. Supervisory experience within the field is required. Master’s degree preferred. A human services field may include social work, psychology, sociology, counseling, psychiatric or vocational rehabilitation, special education, and gerontology.
· Additional degrees related to a human services field may be considered after a review of the college transcript.
· The applicant must be able to drive and submit prior to hire a current DMV record dating back 7 years, if age of driver permits.
· Possess a driving record that is in compliance with DePaul policy.
· Must be willing to have a criminal and Child Protective Services (CPS) background report conducted upon hire.
· The applicant shall not have been convicted of any barrier crime(s) on the criminal background report and the applicant will have no founded disposition of child abuse or neglect as documented by the CPS background report.
· A non-negative result of the pre-employment drug screen will terminate the application process or result in termination of employment.
· Documentation of a PPD test, chest x-ray or screening from a qualified medical professional indicating the absence of TB must also be submitted.
· The applicant must have and be able to use personal transportation to transport individuals as requested.
· Must be able to visit homes that are not handicapped-accessible.
· Involves frequent driving, walking and going up and down steps/uneven terrain.
· Must be able to obtain certification in First Aid, CPR and crisis management of challenging behaviors.
· Must be able to administer medications.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds from the ground to waist high.
· Must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand nonverbal communication of individuals.
· Must be willing to work hours that may include afternoons, evenings and weekends, as well as regular business hours.
· Must be willing to periodically be on–call to provide emergency casework coverage.
Pay Depends on Qualifications & Experience
DePaul is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer.