What We Are Looking For
A collaborative Speech and Language Pathologist Assistant with experience working with the special needs population either personally or professionally for minimum two (2) years. Someone with a passion for helping to help individuals living with autism or other intellectual disabilities build communication and social skills in various settings like home, school, and work. Available to work full-time 8:00am-5:00pm M-F or part-time. Shifts may vary.
Who You Are
An enthusiastic team player, self-starter, well organized, detail oriented and have the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. You are able to operate in a deadline-driven and collaborative environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assisting in the assessment and treatment of speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders in the home setting
- Implementing speech and language programs or activities as planned
- Monitoring the use of alternative communication devices and systems
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary teams including Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists and Behavior Analysts
- Providing individual or group intervention/therapy in the home setting
- Assessing communication skills for the purpose of identifying communication disorders, determining program eligibility, and recommending treatment
- Assist in provision of on-going training and education to caregivers
- Watching your clients make progress as a result of your team’s efforts