About CIDNY: The Center for Independence of the Disabled in New York (CIDNY) is the leading organization serving and representing people with disabilities in New York City. CIDNY's mission is the removal of barriers to the full integration of people with disabilities.
Basic Function: The NY Connects Program provides Information and Assistance and Options Counseling/Person-Centered Counseling on Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) for individuals with disabilities and older adults. The benefits counselor will assist consumers with information and referrals, comprehensive intake and assessment of needs, benefits eligibility screening, and appropriate follow-up. Individuals will have the opportunity to develop a person-centered independent living plan that documents their goals, steps to achieve them, services that will support them in seeking their goals, and outcomes.
• Provide information and referrals
• Screen individuals to obtain information for intake
• Conduct a full benefits eligibility review: explain eligibility rules, assist with enrollment and/or recertification, and assist with the appeal process
• Follow-up with Person-Centered Options Counseling provide appropriate information to consumers about their options for LTSS services, assist with benefits applications, and provide appropriate referrals
• Collaborate with consumers to create an appropriate goal or long term support plan and periodically review of the plan for appropriate adjustments
• Facilitate care transitions for individuals who leave institutional settings by providing information and referrals to appropriate programs
• Ensures all significant client data and service provider details are current and accurate, and that they are documented in a timely manner into CIDNY’s and the
contracted provider’s databases
• Follow through all paperwork required for consumer files per agency policy
• Contribute to the NY Connects Resource Directory through information gathered through work on behalf of individuals
• Ensure confidentiality and HIPAA compliance is maintained for all consumers who use the Program, and comply with CIDNY policies on privacy and data protection;
• Attends Agency's in-service training and unit meetings as well as any other agency-related activities.
• Perform other program-related duties as assigned.
Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
We conform to all laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.