BASIC FUNCTION: Counselor to play a key role in the treatment recovery process of consumers by providing counseling and supportive services to promote recovery and stable life function.
* Provides counseling sessions as mandated by all applicable regulations including but not limited to Federal, State, Local and Accreditation bodies. Additionally, the Counselor must be knowledgeable of and follow all agency and program specific policies and procedures.
* Maintains all required documentation in the case record, including but not limited to intake assessments, treatment plans, psycho-socials, progress notes, records of contact with other agencies the consumer is or has been engaged with, and information about public assistance or disability benefits..
* Collaborate with Vocational staff to integrate vocational rehabilitation into overall treatment process.
* Provides active assistance to consumers in regards to maintenance of public assistance or other benefits and coordinates actively with Entitlement Assessors.
* Links consumers up with all necessary medical and psychiatric providers, and supports them in their follow-though on these matters as needed.
* Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences and meetings.
* Conducts individual and group sessions.
QUALIFICATION - EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
* BA in Human Services plus 2 years equivalent experience or Certified Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC).
* Understands substance abuse and/or Methadone treatment and basic counseling skills.
* Able to work well as part of a complex team.
* Must be multi-culturally sensitive to the needs of consumers in treatment.