Talent Development Specialist |
Equus Workforce Solutions
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jul 14, 2021
||$20 per hour
||US - California - Anaheim
||- n/a -
• Counsels and assists Program's customers regarding job search strategies, personal career advisement and identifying and working with barriers to employment, professional goal setting and planning. Identify outside resources, programs and other services for customers if needed
• Advises, monitors, and tracks participation for customers so that they maximize of the functions and opportunities of the program
• Manages the day-to-day relationship with customers, addresses customer concerns promptly with an action plan to ensure satisfaction, and documents all findings with case notes in a clear, concise, and timely manner
• Maintains knowledge/professional understanding of a vast array of occupations/career paths (for effective placement/processing and assessment of customers as well as determining services most appropriate for their career goals
• Provides motivational support to customers during the job search process
• Facilitates job readiness/search workshops
• Demonstrates strong strategies for re-engaging customers and finding employment for those customers
• Demonstrates effective use of the guidelines and standards of the Case Management Model to support the needs of the participants
• Successfully documents customer success stories internally and externally.
• Analyzes and constructs critiques of resumes/required documentation for effective processing for customer eligibility
• Creates and maintains the policies and procedures for Career Advisement
• Works under direction of the Career Advisor Coordinator to facilitate timely completion of tasks to sustain daily operations and complete special projects, and assists program team members as necessary
• Empower jobseekers with the knowledge and tools need to conduct a successful job search
• Inform, educate, and support jobseekers through one-on-one advisement including:
• Helping jobseekers determine attainable short-term and long-term career goals.
• Assist jobseekers candidacy through resume reviews and mock interviews.
• Provide referrals to community partners that will help jobseekers overcome barriers to employment that cannot be mitigated through services offered at the center.
• Provide all services with a high level of customer service while tailoring message to the Center’s focus population.
• Offer consistent follow-up and support to job seekers.
• Connect jobseeker to appropriate community service or social service agencies when needed to overcome barriers to employment.
• Create and facilitate market-driven, youth oriented workshops
• Establishment of clear expectations and encouragement of customer accountability
• Implement a structure and plan that are consistent with prescribed curriculum goals
• Maintain an awareness of differences in individual learning styles and strengths
• Ensure that dissemination of information and facilitation of active learning sessions operate smoothly and result in customers who are prepared for job placement and career advancement
• Practice high-quality instruction
• Utilize diverse materials and activities to respond to differences in learning styles
• Facilitate active learning
• Use written and spoken language adequately
• Use language reflective of commitment to diversity; demonstrate cultural competence
• Model respect and professionalism across all situations
• Conduct business proactively and professionally
• Bachelor of Art/Bachelor of Science in psychology, marketing, business, human resources or related fields with two plus years relevant work experience
• Experience working with career counseling consumers in a high volume work environment, particularly in a human services or workforce development or an equivalent combination.
• The ability to relate well with individuals, ability to motivate, and posses experience in presenting workshops